2015 Brings New Codes, Fee Schedule Changes – Review of Ophthalmology
Regulatory issues and reimbursement rates are only some of the things to know about in the new year.
This article answers the following questions:
- Were there changes made to the value of some ophthalmic codes in the 2015 Current Procedural Terminology manual?
- Will there be more than one fee schedule in 2015?
- What is happening to ambulatory surgery center facility fees in 2015?
- Did hospital outpatient patient department rates increase similarly to ASC facility rates?
- What changes were published with Category I codes in CPT 2015?
- Were there any Category III code changes published in 2015?
- Are there new drug codes pertinent to ophthalmology in 2015?
- Were there any changes to diagnosis codes or the implementation of ICD-10?
- What types of regulatory issues were identified in the annual Office of Inspector General Work Plan as areas of concern for ophthalmology in 2015?
- Are there any changes to the Recovery Audit Contractor Program?
- Are there penalties and/or bonus dollars for participation in the Physician Quality Reporting System in 2015?
- Is the Electronic Health Record Bonus Program continuing in 2015?
- What Medicare Part B changes affect beneficiaries in 2015 from a cost perspective?
This article was published in Review of Ophthalmology’s Medicare Q & A column, which is written by Corcoran’s Vice-President, Donna McCune, CCS-P, COE, CPMA. To view the entire article in Review of Ophthalmology, click on the link below:
See page 20.