Mid-year changes aren’t often significant. This year, however, there are some things providers should know in two specific areas: the Quality Payment Program (QPP) and the proposed rule for the 2021 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS).
This article addresses the following questions:
- Do any of these changes go into effect right away?
- What is the other CMS change to QPP for 2021, and how might it affect my QPP score?
- What are the mid-year changes to 2021 CPT Category III codes?
- I’ve heard that some of the proposed payments for new surgery codes that go into effect in January 2022 are going to affect ophthalmology quite adversely. What are those?
- What can I do to alleviate the potential hit to my practice from these codes?
This article was published in Review of Ophthalmology’s Medicare Q & A column, which is written by Corcoran’s Senior Consultant, Paul M. Larson, MBA, MMSc, COMT, COE, CPC, CPMA. To view the entire article in Review of Ophthalmology, click on the link below: