The ABCs of VEP – Ophthalmology Management
Here’s a look at the coding intricacies of visual evoked potential testing.
This article answers the following questions:
- What is visual evoked potential (VEP) testing, and why do physicians perform it?
- How do payers reimburse this test?
- Must the physician be present while the technician performs VEP testing?
- What is the frequency of VEP testing in Medicare?
- Is VEP testing bundled with other services?
This article was published in Ophthalmology Management’s Coding & Reimbursement column, which is written by Corcoran’s Executive Vice-President, Suzanne Corcoran, COE. To view the entire article in Ophthalmology Management, click on the link below: