Billing & Multiple-Test Devices – Ophthalmology Management
Some diagnostic testing devices may perform more than one test. Questions arise as to whether these tests may all be billed. Here is the advice practices typically request.
This article answers the following questions:
- Is it possible to bill for more than one test on the same day using one device?
- Does Medicare cover external photography and corneal topography?
- Does Medicare cover billing for SCODI-A?
- What about corneal pachymetry?
- How frequently may diagnostic tests be performed?
This article was published in Ophthalmology Management’s Coding & Reimbursement column, which is written by Corcoran’s Executive Vice-President, Suzanne Corcoran, COE. To view the entire article in Ophthalmology Management, click on the link below: