Getting compliance plans right – Ophthalmology Management
Compliance plans are optional for the time being, but don’t get too comfortable — the Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires them. Here are some action items to think about before they become mandatory.
This article addresses the following subjects:
- What is the OIG’s compliance program for physician practices?
- Who will establish the mandatory guidelines and set the implementation date?
- What is involved in developing a compliance program?
- What guidelines exist to assist with developing a program?
- What is the role and responsibility of a compliance officer?
- Are there any benefits to having a voluntary compliance program before it’s required?
This article was published in Ophthalmology Management’s Coding & Reimbursement column, which is written by Corcoran’s Executive Vice-President, Suzanne Corcoran, COE. To view the entire article in Ophthalmology Management, click on the link below: