Conjunctivochalasis coding primer – Ophthalmology Management
With baby boomers entering their senior years, it’s likely you will be seeing more of conjunctivochalasis. Let’s review the most common, and pressing, coding issues relating to the condition.
This article answers the following questions:
- What is conjunctivochalasis?
- What treatments are available for this condition?
- What documentation supports treatment?
- What CPT code is used to describe this procedure?
- How frequently are the procedures performed?
- How is the supply of amniotic membrane reimbursed?
This article was published in Ophthalmology Management’s Coding & Reimbursement column, which is written by Corcoran’s Executive Vice-President, Suzanne Corcoran, COE. To view the entire article in Ophthalmology Management, click on the link below: