Gonioscopy and Your Coding Questions – Ophthalmology Management
Gonioscopy is a diagnostic test that has been available to ophthalmologists for many years, and continues to be valuable. Questions about Medicare rules and reimbursement still persist, however; this Q&A will attempt to clear up the confusion.
This article answers the following questions:
- How is gonioscopy defined by CPT?
- What diagnoses support claims for gonioscopy?
- Who may perform this test?
- Are there any additional guidelines for this test?
- How is gonioscopy documented in the patient’s medical record?
- How frequently may this test be performed?
- What is the reimbursement for CPT 92020?
This article was published in Ophthalmology Management’s Coding & Reimbursement column, which is written by Corcoran’s Executive Vice-President, Suzanne Corcoran, COE. To view the entire article in Ophthalmology Management, click on the link below: