More Money For Docs in Under-Served Areas – Ophthalmology Management
With all of the changes taking place in American medicine and the uncertainty about reimbursement, any possible additional payments to physicians are more important than ever. Here is something for which many ophthalmologists may already qualify. Medicare will make bonus payments to physicians caring for patients in underserved areas. Read on for what you need to know.
This article answers the following questions:
- Are physicians eligible to receive payments above and beyond the Medicare physician fee schedule?
- How are the bonus payments made to providers?
- How do I determine eligibility for these bonuses?
- Are the ZIP code lists on the CMS Web site complete?
- Are there special modifier requirements for our claims?
- What about billing requirements for diagnostic tests?
- Are there other bonuses available for physicians?
This article was published in Ophthalmology Management’s Coding & Reimbursement column, which is written by Corcoran’s Executive Vice-President, Suzanne Corcoran, COE. To view the entire article in Ophthalmology Management, click on the link below: