Insights on Coding DSEK – Ophthalmology Management
New surgical procedures are being developed all the time, to the advantage of surgeons and patients. One of particular interest is known as DSEK, or DSAEK. Here are the coding basics you need to know about it.
This article answers the following questions:
- What is DSEK/DSAEK?
- Does Medicare cover this procedure?
- How is the procedure billed?
- What about payment for the facility?
- How is the tissue reimbursed?
- What happens if there is an immediate postoperative pressure spike? Is the postoperative visit billable?
- How is a reoperation billed if it becomes necessary?
This article was published in Ophthalmology Management’s Coding & Reimbursement column, which is written by Corcoran’s Executive Vice-President, Suzanne Corcoran, COE. To view the entire article in Ophthalmology Management, click on the link below: