That Ubiquitous Phrase – Ophthalmology Management
CPT definitions of ophthalmic diagnostic tests frequently include the phrase, “with interpretation and report.” What does this mean? And why should you care?
This article answers the following questions:
- The doctor always reviews the test output. Isn’t this an interpretation?
- What is required on a test interpretation?
- Are there requirements regarding when an interpretation and report must be documented?
- What about timing of the interpretation?
- Do all tests require an interpretation and report?
- How serious is this situation?
This article was published in Ophthalmology Management’s Coding & Reimbursement column, which is written by Corcoran’s Executive Vice-President, Suzanne Corcoran, COE. To view the entire article in Ophthalmology Management, click on the link below: