Medicare: What’s New For 2022 – Review of Ophthalmology
Important changes to different levels of CPT codes, Medicare reimbursement, MIPS and rules for facilities.
This article addresses the following questions:
- What are the CPT Category I code changes that go into effect on January 1, 2022 that might affect eye care?
- What about Category III CPT codes in 2022?
- I heard that there were changes to the expiration dates on a couple of drugs with pass-through status. Can you tell me the details?
- What about physician reimbursement under Medicare for 2022?
- For facilities, what are the biggest Medicare changes in 2021?
- What about changes to Medicare beneficiaries’ obligations and other administrative changes for my office?
- Can you summarize the changes in the Quality Payment Program or MIPS for 2022?
This article was published in Review of Ophthalmology’s Medicare Q & A column, which is written by Corcoran’s Senior Consultant, Paul M. Larson, MBA, MMSc, COMT, COE, CPC, CPMA. To view the entire article in Review of Ophthalmology, click on the link below: