New therapy = new code – Ophthalmology Management
New therapies always engender questions about reimbursement — and often, new codes. Dexamethasone ophthalmic insert falls into this category.
This article addresses the following questions:
- What is dexamethasone ophthalmic insert?
- How is the procedure coded?
- How is the supply coded?
- Is it covered?
- Do HOPDs or ASCs get a facility payment?
- What about the surgeon’s reimbursement?
- Do Medicare copayments apply?
- Does using dexamethasone ophthalmic insert affect MIPS scores?
This article was published in Ophthalmology Management’s Coding & Reimbursement column, which is written by Corcoran’s Executive Vice-President, Suzanne Corcoran, COE. To view the entire article in Ophthalmology Management, click on the link below: