Premium IOL cases, co-management and coding – Ophthalmology Management
Co-management of premium IOL cataract cases continues to raise questions. Here are some you may have yourself:
- May we co-manage when patients elect cataract surgery with premium IOLs?
- May the non-covered services be co-managed?
- May the surgeon collect a single fee for the non-covered services and pay the referring doctor for his services?
- Is the co-managing physician entitled to any part of the additional payment for the premium IOL?
- How is payment for the non-covered services divided for the physicians?
- What does the package of non-covered physician services include?
This article was published in Ophthalmology Management’s Coding & Reimbursement column, which is written by Corcoran’s Executive Vice-President, Suzanne Corcoran, COE. To view the entire article in Ophthalmology Management, click on the link below: