Prepare for E-Prescribing – Ophthalmology Management
In 2009, Medicare initiates a new program that will enable practices to qualify for bonus payments for successfully participating in its electronic prescription (E-Prescribing) program. I’ll address some commonly asked questions about the program.
This article answers the following questions:
- What is Medicare’s E-Prescribing incentive program?
- How do I qualify for the E-Prescribing bonus?
- How is the bonus calculated?
- What capabilities are required for a qualified E-Prescribing system?
- What codes do we add to the claim to report E-Prescribing?
- How is the E-Prescribing information reported to Medicare?
This article was published in Ophthalmology Management’s Coding & Reimbursement column, which is written by Corcoran’s Executive Vice-President, Suzanne Corcoran, COE. To view the entire article in Ophthalmology Management, click on the link below: