A rare test for glaucoma needn’t be provocative – Ophthalmology Management
These glaucoma tests are rare, but questions still arise. In case you have some, here’s help.
This article addresses the following questions:
- What is provocative testing for glaucoma?
- Who performs these tests?
- How do we code for this?
- What does Medicare allow for 92140?
- What documentation is required in the medical record to support claims for glaucoma provocative testing?
- How frequently is this test performed?
This article was published in Ophthalmology Management’s Coding & Reimbursement column, which is written by Corcoran’s Executive Vice-President, Suzanne Corcoran, COE. To view the entire article in Ophthalmology Management, click on the link below: