Reimbursement for OCT screening – Ophthalmology Management
Many practices are considering using OCT for screening. What do you need to know?
This article answers the following questions:
- Why consider establishing an OCT screening program?
- What reimbursement issues should we consider with a screening program?
- How should we code?
- May we repeat the screening test?
- Since the test is non-covered as screening, does Medicare limit our charges?
- If a screening test finds pathology and additional tests are ordered, would insurance then cover those tests?
This article was published in Ophthalmology Management’s Coding & Reimbursement column, which is written by Corcoran’s Executive Vice-President, Suzanne Corcoran, COE. To view the entire article in Ophthalmology Management, click on the link below: