Still “a thing:” Extended color vision testing – Ophthalmology Management
Extended color vision testing is not new, and clinicians continue to find it valuable. Even so, the test is sometimes overlooked. It shouldn’t be; here’s what you need to know.
This article addresses the following questions:
- What is extended color vision testing, and what is its purpose?
- What CPT code describes this test?
- Is this covered by Medicare and other payers?
- Are there bundles affecting coverage?
- How much does this test pay?
- What documentation is required in the chart?
- What are the supervision requirements?
- If coverage is unlikely, how do we get paid?
This article was published in Ophthalmology Management’s Coding & Reimbursement column, which is written by Corcoran’s Executive Vice-President, Suzanne Corcoran, COE. To view the entire article in Ophthalmology Management, click on the link below: