The Medicare Appeals Process – Review of Ophthalmology
Appealing a claim can be daunting. Here’s how to navigate the process, should you need to make an appeal.
This article addresses the following questions:
- One of my Medicare claims was denied and now I need to appeal. How does the Medicare Appeals process work?
- I found out I have to appeal something formally. What’s the first level of the appeal process?
- I lost a first-level appeal. What can I do next if I want to pursue it further?
- I lost part of the second-level appeal. What’s next?
- Can you summarize how to be successful when formally appealing?
This article was published in Review of Ophthalmology’s Medicare Q & A column, which is written by Corcoran’s Senior Consultant, Paul M. Larson, MBA, MMSc, COMT, COE, CPC, CPMA. To view the entire article in Review of Ophthalmology, click on the link below: