What’s New for MIPS in 2020? – Review of Ophthalmology
Some changes have been made to the Merit-based Incentive Payment System. Here’s what you need to know.
This article addresses the following questions:
- I saw Medicare has released the 2020 Proposed Rule. Can you tell me if there are changes for the QPP/MIPS program next year?
- What score do I need next year to avoid the maximum penalty in 2022?
- Are the categories being re-weighted again in 2020?
- What’s going to happen to the Cost category of MIPS in 2020?
- Has there been a proposal to change the EMR area of MIPS?
- How about Improvement Activities (IA)? Any changes there?
- What changes are afoot for the Quality area of MIPS?
- What other changes should ophthalmologists be aware of?
This article was published in Review of Ophthalmology’s Medicare Q & A column, which is written by Corcoran’s Senior Consultant, Paul M. Larson, MBA, MMSc, COMT, COE, CPC, CPMA. To view the entire article in Review of Ophthalmology, click on the link below: