What’s an SMRC and Why Should I Care?
A quick look at the SMRC, and how to ensure claims payment.
This article addresses the following questions:
- What is the SMRC program?
- Who is the current SMRC organization?
- How does the SMRC select who is the subject of a review, and how will I know if I am under review by StrategicHealthSolutions
- Once I turn in the records, how long will I have to wait for a response?
- What topics is the SMRC currently reviewing?
- What happens if I sent in documentation that didn’t pass?
- What happens if I miss the deadline?
- What else should I be aware of?
This article was published in Review of Ophthalmology’s Medicare Q & A column, which is written by Corcoran’s Senior Consultant, Paul M. Larson, MBA, MMSc, COMT, COE, CPC, CPMA. To view the entire article in Review of Ophthalmology, click on the link below: