Your guide to correct YAG coding – Ophthalmology Management
Questions about Medicare rules for YAG laser capsulotomy (CPT 66821) still come up. Here are some that practices ask about the most.
This article answers the following questions:
- What are the indications for YAG laser capsulotomy?
- What documentation is required in the medical record?
- What about repeat YAG procedures?
- Will Medicare cover YAG capsulotomy performed in the global surgery period following cataract surgery?
- Is 66821 appropriate for YAG laser of the anterior capsule or to remove specks from the surface of the IOL?
This article was published in Ophthalmology Management’s Coding & Reimbursement column, which is written by Corcoran’s Executive Vice-President, Suzanne Corcoran, COE. To view the entire article in Ophthalmology Management, click on the link below: