Medicare Reimbursement for Optical Coherence Biometry
Most Medicare administrative contractors (MACs) have published local coverage determination (LCD) policies on optical coherence biometry or have discussed it in their A-scan biometry policies.
This FAQ addresses the following:
- What is optical coherence biometry (OCB)?
- What documentation is required in the medical record to support this service?
- Does Medicare pay for this test?
- How do we submit the claim to Medicare?
- How much does Medicare allow for this test?
- How frequently is OCB performed?
- Will Medicare cover repeat testing?
- If we perform both OCB and A-scan biometry prior to cataract surgery with IOL, may we be reimbursed for both?
- Must the physician be present while this test is being performed?
Purchase This Resource:
Purchase the FAQ Library:
For best results, please view in Mozilla Firefox.