Reimbursement for Quantitative Sensorimotor Examinations
A basic sensorimotor exam evaluates ocular range of motion to determine if the eyes move together in the various cardinal positions of gaze… A quantitative sensorimotor examination, utilizing prisms to measure ocular deviation, is a more extensive exam and may sometimes be separately billable.
This FAQ addresses the following:
- What is a sensorimotor exam?
- What diagnoses support claims for this diagnostic test?
- Are there any additional guidelines for this test?
- How is the sensorimotor exam documented in the medical record?
- Who may perform quantitative sensorimotor examinations?
- How frequently may this test be performed?
- What CPT code describes a quantitative sensorimotor exam?
- What is the reimbursement for CPT 92060?
- What is the significance of the “separate procedure” designation in CPT?
Purchase This Resource:
Purchase the FAQ Library:
For best results, please view in Mozilla Firefox.