Medicare Reimbursement for SCODI of the Posterior Segment
SCODI-P is computerized ophthalmic diagnostic imaging of the posterior segment. It is a diagnostic test that includes confocal laser scanning ophthalmoscopy, scanning laser polarimetry, and optical coherence tomography. It provides digital images of the retinal nerve fiber layer, and topo-graphic measurement of the optic nerve head as well as the surrounding retina..
This FAQ addresses the following:
- What is SCODI of the posterior segment (SCODI-P),?
- What are the indications for SCODI-P?
- Does Medicare cover SCODI-P?
- What documentation is required in the medical record to support claims for SCODI-P?
- What CPT code should we use to describe SCODI-P?
- Is the physician’s presence required while SCODI-P is being performed?
- How frequently is SCODI-P performed?
- How much does Medicare allow for this test?
- What payment restrictions or bundles exist with SCODI-P and other ophthalmic services?
- How often may SCODI-P be repeated?
Purchase This Resource:
Purchase the FAQ Library:
For best results, please view in Mozilla Firefox.