Medicare Reimbursement for SCODI of the Posterior Segment
SCODI-P is computerized ophthalmic diagnostic imaging of the posterior segment. It is an ophthalmic test that provides digital images of the retinal nerve fiber layer, and topographic measurement of the optic nerve head with the surrounding retina. It includes testing by confocal laser scanning ophthalmoscopy, scanning laser polarimetry, and optical coherence tomography.
This FAQ addresses the following:
- What is SCODI of the posterior segment (SCODI-P),?
- What are the indications for SCODI-P?
- Does Medicare cover this test?
- What documentation is required in the medical record to support claims for SCODI-P?
- What CPT code should we use to describe SCODI-P?
- Is the physician’s presence required while SCODI-P is being performed?
- How frequently is SCODI-P performed?
- How much does Medicare allow for this test?
- What payment restrictions or bundles exist with SCODI-P and other ophthalmic services?
- How often may SCODI-P be repeated?
Purchase This Resource:
Purchase the FAQ Library:
For best results, please view in Mozilla Firefox.