Medicare Reimbursement for Laser Trabeculoplasty
This FAQ addresses the following:
- Does Medicare cover laser trabeculoplasty (LT)?
- May I use LT as a primary or initial line of treatment for glaucoma?
- What CPT code describes this procedure?
- How should this procedure be documented in the medical record?
- How much does Medicare reimburse for 65855?
- What if there is an immediate postoperative pressure spike? Is the post-operative visit billable?
- May I charge for an office visit on the same day as LT?
- What is the frequency of LT in the Medicare program?
- May I be reimbursed for a repeat LT on the same eye after the 10-day global period?
- May LT be done on both eyes on the same day, or within a few days of one another?
Purchase This Resource:
Purchase the FAQ Library:
For best results, please view in Mozilla Firefox.