Co-management of cataract surgery continues to be a hot topic! The most recent AAO and ASCRS guidelines have a lot to say about it. Furthermore, the OIG and CMS instructions are critical as you navigate this issue. Misunderstandings and misinformation about how to co-manage cataract surgery, particularly with advanced technology IOLs, can lead to serious problems. Two recent whistleblower cases underscore how problems can occur that suddenly blow up into a legal morass.
This webinar examines all of the guidance on this issue and provides practical tips about:
- Patient options for post-op care
- Patient and surgeon limitations on co-management
- How to transfer post-op care
- Use of post-op care request forms
- Verbal agreements
- Written documentation requirements
- Handling financial payments
- Pitfalls to avoid
Learn from our experts with decades of experience. Get your questions answered in the live webinar. You’ll be amazed by the depth of this material and the clarity it provides.
Purchase This Resource: